Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pincushions...


A girl can never have too many! Yesterday I spent most of the day at the D.C. Big Flea and the first stop was the TRUFFLE PIGS booth! These three girls never disappoint! They had their space packed with one of a kind hand-made pincushions and vintage sewing notions- trims, ribbons, buttons, fabric, and dolls. Over the years, I've splurged several times on these miniature works of art and although they are a bit over budget, I never have a regret.

This year, I bought this velveteen rabbit, sitting on his soft green pillow. Look at the carrot, coming out of the ground! All of the detail and the fine construction is amazing.


I also placed a special order for a blue bird which should be completed in several weeks. I was actually paying for my purchases when this giant strawberry caught my eye. I had no will power!

Past purchases include the three little chicks (which of course reminds me of my own three girls).

And a black dog (in memory of Sadie), an orange kitty, an antique stuffed doll house bed and a bumble bee. Each are made of the softest velveteen which is hand dyed.

From the same vendors, I got some great buttons and a load of old lace - from collars to petticoats. I plan to work with it this week and make some Valentine surprises.

Finally, after hours of walking through both buildings, this little sampler spoke to me. This scripture has always been a favorite of mine so it came home too. I'm looking for just the right place to hang it.

I suppose this verse can take on several messages, but it reminds me to be joyful and encouraging to others that they may see God's love through my attitude- my merry heart!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jean,
    Thanks for giving us a shout out, we're so glad you had a great time at the Flea and thanks for all the sweet compliments!
    The Truffle Pigs:
    Stacey Bear, Deb Hartwick and Kim Stout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pin cushions!!! You are right, one can never have too many!!! The carrot in the thimble is a cute idea!! I put a link to you in my Tea on Tuesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling pin cushions. I enjoyed browsing...

    Judy

    ReplyDelete