Saturday, July 31, 2010

My $20 Chair!

A few weeks ago I picked up my $20 thrift store chair from the sweet lady in Richmond who makes my slipcovers. I am so happy with how well it turned out and the total price with labor ($90) and sale fabric ($120) was still a great bargain for this area! The ottoman was actually an additional $5. It was "half price furniture day" at the Salvation Army in Leesburg!

Every morning when I walk downstairs Beast (our black tailless cat) is still asleep in the chair . I'll grab my camera next time....he looks great sleeping on the black and white toile!

So today, I'm off to find a another something to slip cover! I'll be leaving tomorrow for Richmond for a three day lesson in making slipcovers. I have wanted to know how forever and this is such a great opportunity to learn from someone who has been doing this for 50 plus years! I plan to take pictures as a reference since I am visual...oh my, I hope I can do it!



1 comment:

  1. Love the style of you thrift store chair!! I have several great thrift store chairs that need re-covering. I better get busy!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete