Sunday, March 21, 2010

The News

Yep, I'm still here... just been very busy with work and the Hussa Memorial Basketball tournament (which was over today!) and finishing some crafts for the Chicks Picks show which also ran Thursday - Saturday. There was not a second free for fun blog surfing! I haven't even begun getting the house ready for spring and our Easter guests. And to make matters worse, my camera, which was so simply fixed last week, was really not simply fixed at all. It took a few pictures and poof... the lens stopped working. According to the nice man at Ritz Camera the gears seem to be stripped. So off the lens goes to Tuson AZ where Ritz Camera sends them when they are misbehaving. I am LOST without it. And sadder still...I won't have it for Easter, when all the kids will be home. Gotta figure something out! Anyone out there have an extra Nikon lens to rent? (I still have my camera.)

On a happier note, Ed and I went to see Katie this afternoon at the Dulles Airport international arrivals as she landed from her missions trip in Ethiopia. After 10 days working at a sports camp, and 15 hours on a plane, she was beaming! We only had about 1o minutes with her before she got on an LU bus and headed back to Lynchburg. I asked her what the best part of the trip was and without hesitation, she said, "Oh mom, the kids!" I can't wait to see pictures and hear her stories. I am so thankful that she had the opportunity and thankful too for people who love her and financially supported her. So if you are one of those people. THANK YOU! I am certain God has used this experience change her life :)

Two weeks ago Ed surprised us with circus tickets. Jack had a great time... and discovered popcorn! I spent most of my time during the show tearing it into tiny pieces so he wouldn't choke. Each day we spend with him, it just gets better.. seeing him discover new things and put ideas together. My favorite? He is now officially calling me "mimi" and sometimes it is "ma mimi". He absolutely melts me!

Last Sunday I also went to Richmond where Ed and I has a beautiful afternoon cemetery visit. I had been emotional just thinking about being there, but when the afternoon came, it was peaceful and sweet. Sweet memories of my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment