Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just Back!

I just returned from a 5 day trip to Door County, Wisconsin. My son-in-law's family has a summer home on the peninsula. It was an amazing place! No McDonald's....no Target...just town after town of small quaint shops, yummie eateries,(cherrie pies were everywhere!) authentic farm markets, great antique shopping and the beautiful waters of Green Bay. The most surprising sight was the goats on the roof of Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant.


Jack W. Myers 1st Door County trip
Pick your own cherries
Holly, Nathan and Jack

The best part was that I was included in Nathan, Holly and Jack's vacation. I am anxious to get back (maybe next summer??) with the rest of my family! I thought I had lived long enough to have heard about most everything that is edible. Not so- as I was introduced to cheese curds! I took so many pictures. These are just a few of the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment