Monday, December 27, 2010

Ho Ho Ho!


Christmas was just wonderful..
. the first time in 4 years that all four children were together! A full day of fun, food and "togetherness". As Holly and her family were heading over to our house on Christmas morning, Ben said, "Too bad we don't have Santa hats." "Santa hats," I said, "Ben I have a whole Santa suit!" (I had snagged it for 75% off several years ago at Target.) So Ben quickly slipped it on and greeted Jack upon his arrival. Jack never made eye contact with Santa!


The entire event lasted no more than a couple of minutes. Jack definitely didn't recognize Ben and was a little tentative, but was very brave with the unexpected visitor.

Before we opened family gifts Ed introduced a new family tradition where we each shared our prayer request for the upcoming year. By the time it got around to me, I was in tears, so deeply thankful for my children and their relationships with the Lord.

After church on Christmas Eve, we revisited our old tradition of eating dinner at Kobe. Jack arrived wearing an elf hat!



Every Christmas I ask myself why I didn't take more pictures??? Well this year I spent way too much time Christmas Day in the kitchen, but here are a couple~

Pop and Jack enjoyed the Wonder Pets Sticker book~"The phone, the phone is ringing!"

Regina and her family stopped by for a visit.
She'll always be family :)

As soon as Christmas is over, I'm ready to clean up and clear out. Yesterday and today, I cleaned out closets, sock drawers, and a couple of cabinets. It is so cold and windy, I just love being at home, nesting. Tomorrow I am tackling my sewing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment