Monday, November 15, 2010

"This Guy Needs a Helmet!"

Well forget the vintage Fisher Price "Little People". I think they kept Jack's interest for about a month until he discovered Uncle Ben's old "starting lineup" football guys. Now he can't get enough of them!
Several weeks ago as I was driving him home from the sitter's house he said, "Mimi, Dick Butkus needs a helmet." I said, "What?" He repeated, "Dick Butkus needs a helmet!" I heard this barely 2 year old correctly! How does he know he was holding Dick Butkus?? Since that day, he now identifies almost all of them.... Jim Harbaugh, John Elway, Emmitt Smith, Simeon Rice....
So last night, we gave Jack his own helmet. I get the feeling this is just the beginning.



2 comments:

  1. love the title - but you forgot to mention and illustrate with a picture the first helmet you got for him...it must have been a mistake that you didn't mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... I got him a REAL youth helmet that was so heavy that it tipped him over when he walked!! haha

    ReplyDelete